Andaman and Nicobar Islands
The Andaman Islands are an archipelago in India’s Bay of Bengal. These roughly 300 islands are known for their palm-lined, white-sand beaches, mangroves and rainforested interiors. Surrounded with coral reefs that support marine life including sharks and rays, they’re destinations for scuba diving and snorkeling. They’re also popular for water skiing, windsurfing and fishing. Oceanside camping and hiking is possible on some islands.
Island Travels is one of the oldest and the most experienced and professional agency in handling yacht and cruise ships in Andaman Island with over 25 years of experience in the industry we know and understand the importance of guest arriving into Andaman Island
- Prior Arrival Arrangements at Port Blair
- Arrival Advance intimation to local authorities involved in clearances
- Customs, Immigration and Port authority clearances on arrival
- Assistance with Coast Guard Clearance
- Assistance in getting the itinerary approval from Port Authority
- Departure Clearances and Port Clearance
- Assistance in Bunkering and Provisioning
We have handled the sailing yachts, motor yachts, super yachts and mega yachts.
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR INCOMING YACHTS.
Prior Departure from last port
1) Obtain Indian visas for all passengers and crew before arrival who are traveling on passport. (crew can also arrive on seaman book)
2) Please Apply for Port Clarence for Port Authorities and Out Ward Port Clearance form Local Customs’ office
3) Forward by email or fax to us particulars of vessel like registration, GRT, NRT, Pax & crew list which we can submit to local authorities.
Prior Arrival at Port Blair
4) Vessel has to come to Port Blair first without halting at any other island. You have to inform Port Blair port radio on Channel VHF 16 your ETA at Port Blair and request for your entering and your anchorage position which is generally off Chatam wharf and then proceed to your allotted anchorage position. Please keep us updated of your ETA so that the same may be communicated to the local port authorities. Suggest arrive Port Blair in the early morning hours around 0800 hrs to facilitate all local clearances to be completed by evening of the same day. They also have HF Frequency which is 8294 (7 am till 19.00hrs ) 6224(19.00 hrs till 7.00 am) which can also be used to communicate with the port and ETA can be updated .
5) On arrival custom and Immigration clearance will be given on their inspection of yacht. First the customs will come on board and then immigration both will be accompanied by us. [pax /crew should not disembark before custom/immigration clearance] Both above officials will need to be picked up from Chatam New Vehicle ferry jetty by your small tender boat. Exact location of this jetty can be obtained thru port control. We will coordinate in this clearance and inform you via port control when custom is ready to be picked up. PortHealthofficer also will be on board to give their clearance.
6) Coast Guard clearance is done directly by them and they will come on their own to the yacht to give clearance.
7) We can send you copies of customs forms in advance to fill up and keep ready.
8) Thereafter the skipper/master has to meet the Harbor Master and submit the itinerary to be followed by the yacht while in the Andaman area and get a briefing from him regarding the voyage in the Andaman islands. We will assist you in this regard.
9) Vessel has to report their daily position to the port control twice daily when in the Andaman Islands. Timings are 7.00 am and 17.00 hrs in the Evening along with the LAT and LONG positions and the next days plan. Incase if you plan to stay on the same anchorage for two days then inform the authorities only once.
10) Yachts are strictly not allowed to enter into any tribal and prohibited areas for which they can be prosecuted for violation of local laws.
11) Three are some Island in the Andaman Like Cinque Island, JollyBuoy etc which need forest permission to visit during day time only and not night hault is allowed .The permission can be taken obtained the Forest Office on payments on prescribed fees which can be arranged by us.
Prior Departure from Port Blair
12) On completion of voyage vessel has to return back to Port Blair to complete all port formalities and obtain immigration and port clearance and then sail out to next port.
13) Before departure from Port Blair all payments to be cleared.